Saturday, March 5, 2011

March Madness

 Where has the time gone?  Last week flew by as February 2011 went right off the calendar and I was left wondering where it had gone and  how it had happened so quickly.  Taylor has had cheer competitions every weekend for the past 6 weeks, and cheer practices almost nightly.  Throw in a basketball game or two, young women's weekly, and the calendar has remained full.  The boys basketball team reached the state playoffs for the first time in over 35 years, they won their last game Thursday night and will play again this Tuesday evening.  Go Warriors!  The cheer leading team has qualified for Regionals, taking 3rd place overall in the Hokamock League.  We are off to Dartmouth tomorrow, hoping to gain a bid to States the following weekend.  If we do place tomorrow it will be the 1st time the cheerleaders  have ever made it to States.  Taylor is tumbling and is in the routine.  Her tumbling is definitely helping bring up the point totals.  The shoulder is hanging in there but has started to bother her more this past week so it is good to see a final end to the season soon.  I have spent the past several days working on decorating and bagging the new jerseys we got for the cheerleaders for this weekend.  The moms are having a fit, they haven't seen anyone do this kind of thing before.  I guess I am raising the bar and everyone seems to be happy so that is a good thing.

They turned out so cute, they have a four leaf clover attached on the little card on the front for good luck.  I absolutely love doing this, wish there some way I could get rich while I'm at it.  :)  
Last weekend we began the process of painting Taylor's bedroom.  She got a new comforter and pillows for Christmas. It has taken a little time to decide on what colors we could agree on.  We have striped the wall behind her bed and the others are a pale grey; she has taken off the headboard and now is thinking she needs a new one.  We are having a light fixture installed, (there is not one in the ceiling) and she has new pictures to hang.  Still need to get window coverings and a new rug and bed skirt but we are definitely making progress.
 What do you think, does it look like a Victoria's Secret bag?  She has 2 big pictures; one of Audrey Hepburn and one of Marilyn Monroe to go over the bed.  Trying to decide on a black fabric headboard or a wooden  one.  I will keep you posted.
I thought I would add pictures of the house occasionally so that  you can get a feel for our home.  This weeks photo is a shot of one of the bedrooms.  It was one of the first rooms I finished so that Myrna and Ashley had a room to feel at home in while they were here, respectively.  Hopefully each of you will get a chance to stay in it at some point.  If not I do have another one, you can take your pick.

Until next time, I think that about wraps it up.  Hugs and kisses to all,  Debbie

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness...you've been SO busy!! I love Taylor's room, and my, I mean, Ashley's, I mean, your blue bedroom looks as welcoming as it did the first time I saw it! I'm coming again for a visit...just don't know when!

    ReplyDelete