As I'm sure everyone did, we experienced above average temperatures with some great snow melt last week. It felt so good to feel the sun beating down and actually giving off some much welcomed heat. The snow pack is down to about 12 -18 inches (still) much better than the 24-30 that we did have.
With Monday being Valentines Day the baker in me decided we needed to bring some festivity to the occasion. 24 decorated and delivered cupcakes later, the task was complete. It is hard to believe that it was 27 years ago on Feb. 14 that my sweetheart proposed to me. In April we will celebrate our 27th anniversary, who would have ever thought it. All because two people fell in love!
Tuesday Taylor had a migraine and an appointment with the therapist in Boston. So with sunglasses on we headed into the city, what should be a 40 minute trip took over an hour and a half to accomplish. Oh the joys of traffic. She learned how to use a biofeedback machine and is seeming to be making progress. Keep your fingers crossed. Nightly cheer practice, young women's, outing with the missionaries. You name it we've done it. On Friday night Jim and I were able to slow down just a little and go to temple together. This was not our first time at the Boston Temple but it was our first time doing a session and sealings. It was a wonderful experience, one that we have vowed to continue on a monthly basis. I hope that when friends and family come to visit they will be able to go with us as well.
Ashley and Nichole are both very busy with work. They never seem to be bored or ready to move back home so I guess we should count our blessings. The men in their lives seem to keep them happy and busy as well and we are grateful for them and for the things they do for both them. I am including photos of all three girls and their boys, aren't they such handsome couples
![]() |
| Sam and Ashley |
![]() |
| Nichole and Steven |
![]() |
| Dan and Taylor |
On a much sadder note, Dollie our beautiful Maltese has not been feeling very well. Just before Christmas she started limping a little and favoring her right front leg. I took her to the vet the first of the year and they did several weeks of anti inflammatories, followed by 3 weeks of steroids. She seemed to be improving but as of last week while coming off the steroids, she digressed greatly. I took her to the vet today and they are going to try another round of steroids and muscle relaxers. She can barely walk at this point and wont move her head much. They have ruled several things, concluding that if the steroids don't work we don't have many options. I have shed many tears over the past few months with today being some of the greatest. She is almost 10 years old, our Kentucky girl. I am prayerful that the medicine will do what we are hoping and she will be able to resume her playfulness and even show her temper a little. These little dogs have been my constant companions over the years as we have left family and friends far behind . It is going to be very hard, when the time comes to say goodbye to them.
The sun is finally trying to peak thru the clouds today, showing a little ray of sunshine. I will look to this as a sign of the things to come and the brighter days ahead. I hope each of you is experiencing a ray of sunshine as well.






OOOOO my goodness...you are a ray of sunshine!! I love hearing that the girls are doing so well, and that they are happy. You have a beautiful bunch of daughters!!
ReplyDeleteMaybe the spring thaw has finally come to the New England area??? We have having snow still, it's beautiful though.
Sweet, sweet Dollie. I'm so sorry!! She is a sweet little thing, and I can hear your voice talking to her. :)