Last Friday evening Jim and Taylor went to her school's Father/Daughter dance. They had such a great time. It reminded me of when I was in primary and we had Daddy/Daughter dances. I know I was only 11 and 12 at the time but I felt so grown up as I went on a date with my handsome Dad. Jim was excited to take her and Taylor looked so beautiful and grown up. We found her a red dress, the first dress she has gotten to buy, she usually has worn one of Ashley or Nichole's to the other dances. She wore her new pearls that she got for Christmas and off they went.
They had dinner and dancing, Jim even learned a couple of new moves and dances from her.
Saturday morning Taylor and I were off bright and early for breakfast and a service project with our young women. We spent several hours making Valentines Day cards and decorating cookies with residents of a Senior Citizens home. A wonderful time was had by all, including the residents. They were so happy to have these young girls to share stories with and reminisce. When arriving home we found Jim ready to get out on the roof and tackle the snow, I guess he was tired of not being able to see out the window either. Or he was just tired of hearing me talk about it. Actually there have been quite a few roof collapses here because of the weight and amount of the snow so they have been encouraging home owners to either do it themselves or hire a professional to come and remove the snow from rooftops.
![]() |
| Up on the rooftop (porch roof that is) |
![]() |
| Watch out for those ice cycles |
I am wishing Ashley and Nichole were closer or here with me today but thankful at least that I can enjoy looking out the window and being able to see this beautiful day!







Ok, first off...is Jim's life insurance paid up??? That's a boat load of snow. WOW...
ReplyDeleteTaylor is beautiful and Jim looks quite dapper in his suit. I'm so glad they had a great time at the dance. What a great memory for them!!
You are busy as usual...I miss you, and wish we were closer!!
Wow! Snow and more snow. But it does look beautiful. Taylor looks so grown up and Jim looks so proud of yet another beautiful, smart and lovely young lady! Love the pictures!!
ReplyDeleteI am so enjoying your blog. Sharing what's going on in our lives through this medium helps us feel close to each other when the geographical miles are so far apart. Taylor looks beautiful -- I was so impressed with her when you were here two summers ago. Jim is as proud as can be--and has every right to be! I am so happy for Ashley and her future. I hope Chelsea can find a bright spot ahead someday, as well. Your Mom says Nicole loves what she is doing, so good for her. I have wondered about you and the snow, so thanks for catching me up on that. Keep blogging! I am definitely enjoying your work!
ReplyDelete