I can't believe that it is already April. In just 2 short days Jim and I will celebrate our 27th wedding anniversary together. Whatever happened to those two young kids? I guess they have grown up, together!
As I think back on the past 26 years, ADVENTURE is the word that comes to mind. What an amazing adventure it has been. Oh the places we have been and the people we have met and loved. Every journey, each trial and blessing, life has shaped us into the people we are today. I have told my girls all their lives, everything happens for a reason. We must always look forward and be ready for the things that lie ahead of us, if we don't we might miss out on something amazing. I want to express how much I love my husband and how grateful I am for him and for the person that he is. He isn't perfect but he is perfect for me! Happy Anniversary sweetheart, I look forward to the adventures still to come.These past few weeks have been filled to the brim with activities and planning for the events to come.
Ashley and Sam have decided the weekend of May 12-14 will be their wedding date. There were a lot of tears shed and prayers said to arrive at this date but now that it has been set we are sooooo very excited for them so that they can begin their lives together. Ashley will also be graduating from Medical School that weekend and so the partying will be non stop! If you didn't get an email with pictures of her new house please let her know. It is beautiful! They will closing June 1st. Texas here they come. Ashley will also be running the half marathon (13 miles) the last weekend in April as part of the Derby festivities. She has been training hard for it and I'm sure she will cross that finish line in record time.
Nichole is as busy as ever with work and making time to see Steven. The commute between Baltimore and Alexandria has been a bit of a challenge but they are managing to make it work and to make the time they do share quality. Last weekend they were able to go the Cherry Blossom Festival in DC. The blossoms were beautiful as were the pictures they were able to take. She is an independent little thing, always has been, but this is a source of comfort as we know that she is capible of tackling whatever life may throw her way.
Taylor has been busy with cheer leading, still practicing for Nationals which are the first weekend in May. She completed her required driving hours of instruction yesterday and is now eligible to get her license the end of the month. Jim took her car shopping for the first time this past weekend, she is getting excited. It is hard to believe that she is at this milestone in her life. I didn't think it would be any big deal but.........she is my baby. She also just started her first job! She has wanted to work at a daycare forever, why I asked? Well you know Taylor, she loves babies. She started last week and guess where they placed her? In with the new babies, 3 - 6 months. She is in baby heaven. She also has a standing appointment for Friday nights with a family in the Branch that has 5 little kids, ages 8 - 4 months. She loves it. She is saving her pennies for the gas she will have to pay for in the near future. She attended the Jr. Prom last weekend with a friend who needed a date. She looked beautiful and got to go on her first limo ride.
I remember when Ashley went to her first Junior Prom and Nichole to Ashley's Sr. Ball with one of her friends. In fact, I remember going to Jim's Jr. Prom with him and of course to mine. The most amazing prom ever because we were the first class to lower the ceiling in the new gym and my dad was the one that taught us how.
I have busy with fundraising events for the cheerleaders, young women's camp fundraising, and I volunteered to applique and make blankets for the cheerleaders to take to Nationals. All in a days work, ha ha. They will have each of the girls names embroidered on them as well. I only have to make 20.......
Taylor and I are headed to Ky. next week. It is her spring break and Ashley is making her wedding dress. We are loading the dogs in the car and heading out for a week of wedding planning, sewing and fun. Taylor will be able to drive to her hearts content as we will be on the road 15 plus hours each way.
Well the rain is falling here in New England. The sweet smells of spring are in the air as well as the allergies that come with them. I hope you are enjoying April showers and sweet smells of spring whereever you may be.







I enjoy reading your posts so much. It is nice to be able to feel like you are part of our lives and we are able to share in your joy with you. Congratulations on your anniversary. You and Jim have certainly accomplished many good things and you have every reason to be proud of your beautiful daughters!
ReplyDeleteI love to catch up on all the happenings at your house!! I still remember your wedding very clearly and Jim STILL teases me to this day:) I guess it has been that long ago, doesn't seem like it. We are getting so excited for May!!!! Just a few short weeks and it will be here!We will all drop dead after that fun filled, exciting weekend I think! Everyone is excited and so happy for her and Sam. I'm sure that Taylor is doing wonderful at her new job, she is a wonderful caregiver. Lots of fun!!!
ReplyDeleteGreat post Debbie! Congrats on your anniversary! We will be celebrating ours soon. I love how busy you have been. I don't know how you do it all. You are amazing!
ReplyDeleteWOW, many congratulations in order! Congrats on 27 years togather and an upcomin marriage! Children are such a blessing and you seem to have some great ones! We just wanted to let some of our fans know that we have a new blog animation site, http://blogamation.com/ and would love for you to check it out and let us know what you think! :)
ReplyDeleteThanks,
The Cutest Blog On The Block